What you will Learn
– Proper techniques and mechanics in all quick release shots (wrist, snap, combo wrist-snap, slap shot.)
Phases of a Shot
– Preparation phase – Getting the puck to a prepared position effeciently (Across, not back!)
– Loading Phase – Less load, more explode!
– Release Phase – Utilizing wrists to enhance speed & power.
– Choosing when & how to use the proper techniques and mechanics in all types of passes (forehand, backhand, saucer, drop pass)
Deception When Releasing the Puck
– Learn NEW lower body configurations. Different positions to surprise the goalie = more scoring opportunities
– Being synchronized / timing.
Shooting and Passing off the Angles
– Skating towards the net from either side, looking to create a shooting angle.
– Shooting for rebounds- where to shoot when on a bad angle using your shot off the goalie as a pass (rebound)
Shooting in stride
– Or appear in stride. Minimize pause time. Stride leg push for more power. Stride leg release with foot separation lowers posture, enhancing reaction time.
Shooting through traffic
– How to locate the near target to get the puck to the net target.
Shooting in tight
– How to get your blade under the puck using your wrists to maintain spin for a higher, quicker shot.
Shooting off a pass
– Receiving a pass and putting the puck into a prepared position to shoot immediately. (on the tape / off the tape)
– The 2 touch release is a NEW way to receive the pass and ‘impact’ it with speed and power, surprising the goalie.
– How to utilize your hips by lowering your posture to get more power.
Understanding the Goalies
– Get to know their positioning, tendencies and habits. They have consistent behavior patterns. Learn how and when to study them.